The Peradeniya University Alumni Association of New South Wales (PUAAN) established in 2007 is a not for profit organisation. PUAAN is made up of many generations of alumni from the mid-fifties, when the University of Peradeniya was established, to the present day. The membership comprises those representing all eight faculties of the university i.e. Arts, Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Medicine, Dentistry and Allied Health Science.
Since its inception, one of the main aims of PUAAN has been to provide assistance to needy undergraduates of the University of Peradeniya. Towards this end we have initiated, in collaboration with our parent body, the Alumni Association of the University of Peradeniya (AAUP), a scholarship program which rewards academic excellence and a studentship program which provides financial assistance to some of the disadvantaged undergraduates.
PUUAN’s main objectives as per the constitution are:
- To encourage, foster and promote close relations between the University and its alumni and among the alumni themselves and also engage in matters of common interest to people of Sri Lankan origin living in Australia.
- To promote, in the alumni body, an interest in the affairs and wellbeing of the University.
- To provide and disseminate information regarding the University, its graduates, faculties and students, to the alumni.
- To ensure that programs are initiated and developed for the benefit of the alumni.
- To assist and support the efforts of the University in obtaining funds for development.
- To serve as a medium through which alumni may support and advance the pursuit of academic excellence at the University.
- To guide and assist alumni who have recently completed their courses of study at the University to obtain employment and engage in productive pursuit useful to society.
- To pursue any other objectives consistent with the above aims and objectives of the Association